A lighting control system is an intelligent network based lighting control solution that incorporates communication between various system inputs and outputs related to lighting control with the use of one or more central computing devices. Lighting control systems are widely used on both indoor and outdoor lighting of commercial, industrial, and residential spaces. Lighting control systems serve to provide the right amount of light where and when it is needed.
Lighting control systems are employed to maximize the energy savings from the lighting system, satisfy building codes, or comply with green building and energy conservation programs. Lighting control systems are often referred to under the term Smart Lighting.
Why we have to optimize the installed Qlite System over the time
- Furniture layout changes affects the OCCUPANY SENSORS’s line of sight and in turn lights stay on if space is not occupied
- Shift timing changes over the time requires rescheduling of lighting control time clock to optimize the maximum energy saving as per new shifts
- Erection of new buildings coming up nearby which changes the amount of natural lights coming inside the buildings
- Due to renovation of the area removal of daylight sensors and fixing the same at inappropriate location
What we do to optimize the installed system
- Sensors are installed correctly as per new furniture layout
- Time clock settings are changed as per new shift timings
- Day light sensors are re-calibrated as per available day light
- Max output of the lights are reduced 95% instead of 100% which will not be a visible change to the eyes but can save some amount of energy and ensures long lamp life
- Lighting management software can be installed to track the lamp run hours which in turn saves ma hours to check which lamp is fail and needs to be replaced
Qlite Lighting Control System (LMS) is a revolutionary lighting control system comprised of digital electronic forward and reverse phase dimming, DALI & 1-10V Ballast Control Dimming, DMX 512 control, PWM dimming for LED Lighting etc. and system can be integrated to any third party systems like BMS, FAS, access control etc. and occupancy and daylight sensors. Qlite LMS can generate energy savings of 30% to 60%, increase occupant comfort, improve space flexibility, and reduce maintenance costs.
Qlite LMS is programmed using the any web browser using a Ethernet enabled laptop, users can make on screen selections and transmit programming instructions to the system.
Standard Start-up Includes:
- Verification that the system is installed according to Qlite specifications.
- Incomer termination in LMS panels
- Load termination as per the SLD provided by QLITE
Wall Controls/Interfaces to Include:
- Ballast addressing.
- Verification of proper wiring and operation of control link.
- Verification of DMX addressing
- Set-up of controls to function as per approved submittal drawings. If no control functionality is included, controls will be programmed according to written instructions from end-user or end-users representative, contractor, or will be set up based on the field engineers past experience, in that order of priority.
- Testing of all buttons and IR inputs to assure proper operation.
Occupancy Sensors to Include:
- Verification of proper installation and operation.
- Unless otherwise noted, a rough calibration will be performed at system start-up. Final calibration is the responsibility of the end-user since it is very dependent on furniture placement, HVAC operation, and space usage.
Daylight Sensors to Include:
- Verification of proper installation and operation
- Preliminary calibration will be performed at system start up. Sensor needs to be programmed according to the given specs by end user or the consultant. If the specs are not available Qlite Engineer will program the system as per standard programming i.e. 350 – 400 lux. However final calibration is done at the end after furniture placement, window treatments, outside condition and the usage of the area.
Additional On-Site programming Details:
- Qlite Certified Personnel will carry out all verification before proceeding to the Onsite Pre-programming
- Qlite certified personnel will visit the site as per the work order provided by end user mentioning number of visit to the JOB. Any additional visit may be charged
- All terminations will be done by the installing agency prior to onsite programming visit. A person from the installing agency needs to be present for the programming. This person should be familiar with the installation of the system.
Once the onsite programming is done system will be ready for the final programming as per the end user/consultant/Lighting designer. Which include below
- Setting up the light levels in each zone. This may differ from project to project depending on the usage i.e. residential, commercial office space, Factory, warehouse, Hotels, Banquets, Restaurants, façade, architecture etc.
- Programming wall station/keypads in this we assign the functionality of the each button on the keypad as required by end user/consultant/lighting designer. This may be programmed for controlling individual circuits or whole zone at a time, can also be programmed for controlling curtains or fans, conditional logic can be put behind any buttons.
- Final calibration of the occupancy sensor/Daylight sensor as per the final furniture placement
- Time Clock programming as per event/schedule provided as per the day light availability
- Final testing of third party integration carried out. In this cause and matrix is prepared based on the requirement like in case of fire general lighting to go off and only the emergency lighting showing the exit route to be on. In case of access control light will be turned on at any unauthorized access. Can also be integrated with CCTV system to capture the perfect image in the light i.e. if motion is detected in the cctv camera lights next to that camera will be turned on automatically.
QLITE provide a training for operation of the system to end user for each job. However Qlite also conducts, training program across the globe which includes
- Operation training for end user/operator
- System Design training for consultants specifies
- System Design training for System integrators
- Maintenance Training to operator & Maintenance staff
- Qlite also provide project specific training of the system
Qlite provides services to repair the system in case of (Paid service)
- Natural disaster
Operation & Maintenance
Qlite provides project O & M Documentation of each project executed directly or via system integrators/retailers/dealers which includes
- Introduction of the project
- System Description
- List of Equipment
- Suppliers Contact Details (in case of supplied via Dealer/Distributor/System Integrator)
- Manufacturers Literature including Data Sheets and User Manuals of each Equipment used
- Maintenance & Troubleshooting Procedures
- List of Recommended Spares
- Load Schedule of each Location
- Test Reports of the Project
- Commissioning Procedures
- Warranty Certificate
Qlite Provides Standard warranty comes as a part of purchase of product or commissioning of the system as part of Qlite’s commitment to reliability & sustainability. Qlite also Provides comprehensive warranty and non-comprehensive warranty after expiry of standard warranty. Please contact the regional offices for further information.
Commercial Systems 2-Year Limited Warranty
The Commercial Systems 2-Year Limited Warranty offers 2 years of parts coverage, a first available onsite/remote response time for system issues, and 24/7 Technical Support.
Coverage provides 100% parts and diagnostic labor coverage for most system issues for
Coverage can be upgraded at any time with the purchase of a Technology Support Plan
Extended Coverage options are also available after a purchase or after a commissioning regardless of whether you’re in or out of the warranty period. These extended coverage options offer more extensive maintenance coverage and preventative support.
If Currently Under Warranty
If an issue is discovered, please contact regional office of Qlite or the system integrator near to you and follow the prompts for Technical Support. The Technical Support Group will begin troubleshooting to diagnose the root cause of the issue. Should further diagnostics be required to troubleshoot and/or correct the issue, Technical Support will coordinate with Field Service to arrange a first-available, remote/onsite visit by a QLITE Service Representative response based Warranty purchased.